A Braeburn thermostat is a device that allows you to control the temperature of your home or business by regulating the operation of your heating and cooling system. Setting the thermostat correctly can help you maintain a comfortable environment and save energy by not heating or cooling your home unnecessarily.
To set your Braeburn thermostat, follow these steps:
How to Set Braeburn Thermostat
1. Press the “System” button
Pressing the “System” button allows you to select the current system setting for your thermostat, either “Heat” or “Cool.” This is important because it determines whether the thermostat will control the heating or cooling system in your home or business.
Once you have selected the appropriate system setting, you can use the “Up” and “Down” arrow buttons to adjust the temperature to your desired setting. You can also press the “Hold” button to set the temperature until the next programmed temperature change, or cancel the hold by pressing the “Hold” button again.
2. Press the “Up” or “Down” arrow buttons
Once you have selected the appropriate system setting (either “Heat” or “Cool”) on your Braeburn thermostat, you can use the “Up” and “Down” arrow buttons to adjust the temperature to the desired setting.
For example, if you want the thermostat to maintain a temperature of 72 degrees, you would press the “Up” arrow button until the display shows 72 degrees. If you want the temperature to be cooler, you would press the “Down” arrow button until the display shows the desired temperature.
3. Press the “Hold” button
Pressing the “Hold” button on your Braeburn thermostat allows you to set the temperature at a specific level until the next programmed temperature change. This can be useful if you want to maintain a certain temperature in your home or business for an extended period of time, regardless of your normal temperature schedule.
For example, if you are having a party and want to keep the temperature at a comfortable level, you can set the thermostat to hold at that temperature until the party is over. The thermostat will display “Hold” on the screen to indicate that the temperature has been set.
4. To cancel the hold, simply press the “Hold” button again.
The thermostat will return to its normal programming and the “Hold” message will disappear from the display.
If you have set your Braeburn thermostat to hold at a specific temperature, you can cancel the hold by pressing the “Hold” button again. This will cause the thermostat to return to its normal programming and the “Hold” message will disappear from the display.
Keep in mind that once you cancel the hold, the thermostat will resume following its normal temperature schedule. If you want to maintain a certain temperature for an extended period of time, you will need to set the thermostat to hold again.
Braeburn thermostat stuck at 80
It’s possible that your Braeburn thermostat is malfunctioning if it is stuck at 80 degrees. Here are a few things you can try to fix the issue:
- Check the batteries: Make sure that the thermostat has fresh batteries, as a low battery can cause the thermostat to malfunction.
- Check the wiring: Make sure that all the wiring is properly connected and secure.
- Reset the thermostat: Some thermostats have a reset button that can be pressed to reset the thermostat to its default settings. Consult the thermostat’s manual to see if this is an option for your thermostat.
- Check for obstructions: Make sure that there are no objects blocking the thermostat’s sensor, as this can cause the thermostat to malfunction.
- If none of these steps resolve the issue, it may be necessary to contact a professional HVAC technician to diagnose and fix the problem.
In conclusion, setting your Braeburn thermostat is a simple process that allows you to control the temperature of your home or business. By following a few basic steps, you can easily adjust the thermostat to maintain a comfortable environment and save energy by not heating or cooling your home unnecessarily.